14. The Co2+ ion in aqueous equipment is octahedrally coordinated and also paramagnetic, with three unpaired electrons. I m sorry one or ones of the following statements follow from this observation:Co(H2O)42+ is square planar Co(H2O)42+ is tetrahedral Co(H2O)62+ has a Δ0 the is larger than the electron-pairing energy; the d level are break-up in energy and filled together follows: (t2g)5(eg)2 the d level are split in energy and filled as follows: (t2g)6(eg)1
- man O.
You are watching: If cl is a weak-field ligand, how many unpaired electrons are in the metal ion of [mn(cl)6]4−?
15. The coordination compound potassium hexafluorochromate(III) is paramagnetic. What is the formula because that this compound? What is the construction of the Cr d electrons?
Fluorine is a weak field ligand in an octahedral complex. This accounts for this complex\"s paramagnetism.
16. How numerous unpaired electrons room there in Cr3+, Cr2+, Mn2+, Fe2+, Co3+, Co2+ ina solid octahedral ligand field and a an extremely weak octahedral field? Cr3+ strong Field- 3 unpaired electrons...Weak Field-3 unpaired electron Cr2+ strong Field- 2 unpaired electrons...Weak Field-4 unpaired electron Mn2+ solid Field- 1 unpaired electrons...Weak Field-5 unpaired electrons Fe 2+ strong Field- 0 unpaired electrons...Weak Field-4 unpaired electrons Co3+ strong Field- 0 unpaired electrons...Weak Field-4 unpaired electrons Co2+ solid Field- 1 unpaired electrons...Weak Field-3 unpaired electrons
19. What is the d-orbital electronic configuration that Cr(NH3)63+? How numerous unpaired electrons space present? If six Br- groups were substituted for the 6 NH3 teams to give CrBr63-, would you intend Δ0 to rise or decrease?
Ammonia is a solid field ligand, making the facility low spin.
See more: Delta Flights From Slc To Tucson (Tus) (2021), Cheap Flights From Salt Lake City To Tucson (Slc
3 unpaired electrons are present.
Delta will decrease because Br- is a weaker ar ligand than NH3
21. For each of the following, map out the d-orbita1 energy levels and the distribution of d electrons among them: