* This hotline is designated for visa applicants residing in the U.S.A or Puerto Rico.
You are watching: Japan visa new york
* If you are calling from the U.S.A or Puerto Rico, you will be charged a domestic call fee for your call.* This Hotline will only provide general information regarding Japanese visas.* The Hotline will not connect you to the Consulate-General"s visa section. If you need to contact the Consulate-General in regards to a pending visa application, please contact the Consulate-General directly at (212)888-0889 during office hours.
* Application for Visa for foreign nationals eligible for Phased Measures toward Resuming Cross-Border Travel
* Border enforcement measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirmedtox.org (COVID-19)
* The Japanese Government Expansion of the Entry Ban to include the U.S.(April.1, 2020)
* Temporary change of Consular service
* Currently, all foreign nationals who wish to newly enter Japan need to apply for a visa except for those with re-entry permit. A foreign national who is considered to have a "special exceptional circumstance" may be able to obtain a visa.* Please be aware, if you receive a valid visa via a "special exceptional circumstance," you may be asked to present proof of said "special exceptional circumstance" to immigration officers upon landing in Japan.Window Hours
Our new office hours are as follows:Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 09:30 AM - 1:00 PM(We will be closed holidays).*Temporary change of Visa Application window hours:Visa Window will be open as follows:Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 09:30 AM - 1:00 PM However, visa applications are currently only being accepted 12:00 noon - 13:00 PM.(Visa window will be closed holidays).*Services available by appointment onlyIn order to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we accept visitors only by appointment at this time.Please see the link below for the detailed information.https://www.medtox.org/Visa Fees
Visa fees will be required for pick up time only, except for those citizens of the countries are exempt from visa fees.http://www.medtox.org/en/d/06.htmlCopies of documents
The Consulate General of Japan will not make copies. A good rule of thumb: If you want the document back, bring the original AND a photocopy.Processing Time
Due to the impact of COVID-19, visa approval in most cases takes 2-6 weeks.Applying by Mail
Applications are no longer accepted by mail. Mail-in applications will be returned at the applicant"s expense.Who can apply for a visa?
1) The visa applicant may apply in person.2) A proxy may apply on the applicant"s behalf with a letter of proxy/power of attorney.3) A travel agent who has registered with this consulate may apply on behalf of the applicant.When a visa application is filed by proxy, the applicant mmedtox.orgt be physically in the United States, even if the visa applicant holds a certificate of eligibility. In some cases, the applicant may be requested to appear in person for an interview. Please note that applications will not be accepted if the documents are inadequate.Visa applications should be made at the Japanese embassy or consulate with jurisdiction over applicant"s place of permanent residence. You may apply for a visa at this Consulate if you live, work, and are currently within the area covered by this Consulate. That area consists of New York State, Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, The U.S. Virgin Islands, and West Virginia. If you live and work in Connecticut, you may apply for a visa here, but only if you live and work in Fairfield County. If you are not located within the area covered by this Consulate, please contact the Japanese Consulate or Embassy that handles visas for your area. We may decline visa applications from areas outside our jurisdiction.* Please note: As of January 1, 2015, the state of Maryland becomes under the jurisdiction of the Japanese Embassy in Washington, DC.If you have amedtox.org questions, please feel free to call the Visa Section at 212-888-0889. You may also click here to send a request for visa information by email.E-mail: visainfo
medtox.org.mofa.go.jpIMPORTANT: We can only respond to questions regarding visas at this address. The information that will be needed from you is:Your nationality / citizenshipYour visa statmedtox.org in the United StatesDetailed purpose of your trip to Japamedtox.orgour intended length of stay in Japamedtox.orgour occupatiomedtox.orgour current place of residence & telephone number
ATTENTIONDue to the large volume of inquires by email, we are not able to respond to all of them. If you do not hear from medtox.org, please write to medtox.org or call medtox.org to obtain information. Thank you.
See more: Food Grade Potassium Bicarbonate Where To Buy Potassium Bicarbonate For Plants
For general information on Japanese Visas, click here to access the Japanese Foreign Ministry"s website. You may also inquire by calling the JAPAN VISA INFORMATION HOTLINE.
The downloadable Visa Application Form ( Sample ) available on the Website may be medtox.orged for Visa applications at this Consulate.